The warranty is activated upon order entry and referred to on the standards list you sign off on with each order. It is your responsibility to provide a copy of this warranty to your customer as provided on our web site. Please note your obligations to the warranty.
When our dealers apply to represent Rochester Homes products, they agree to orchestrate all customer service. Customer service is the number one source of new business referrals, so it is important for them to budget time and money for this important part of each home project. In order for service issues to move smoothly, everyone should understand their role in communication and repair. Below is information on our warranty procedures and our recommendation on how best to manage them.
1. Rochester Homes offers a one year general warranty and a 10 year structural warranty. The warranty is acknowledged on the standard sheet turned in with every order and is found in the dealer site under “forms”.
2. Rochester Homes does not send out warranty cards. Our warranty is found in the dealer site under “forms”. We recommend our dealers print out and provide a written warranty to customers at the time of order. Dealers should review procedures and explain that some components carry their own warranties. These warranties will be provided in a packet at time of delivery. For details on components that carry their own warranty, refer to the guidelines below, and the warranty information provided to the dealer at the time of delivery.
3. When each home is delivered, we recommend our dealers have a representative walk the home and report any damage, defects, or shortages to their sales representative.
4. After the home is set, and during the finish work stage, we recommend our dealers inspect and repair items prior to each customer’s final walk through.
5. There will be adjustments and minor repairs in the building process. It is highly recommended that all apparent service items are taken care of by the dealer prior to occupation. We recommend that our dealers repair “all” they can in the completion stage. In an effort not to bog down the process and provide each customer with a defect free home, we will work hard to assist with parts, or pay to have the dealer repair factory defects if necessary.
6. If factory service is required, the dealer will provide a complete list of problems, and detailed information, so we can be prepared when we arrive. Most fit and finish service items such as door, cabinet, trim adjustments etc. should be able to be handled by the dealer.
1. In the furnace information there is a package with warranty instructions. Please refer to this for action needed.
2. Supply your local service center with your furnace model number, purchase date, and a brief description of the problem.
3. If local authorized service cannot be obtained, contact the authorized distributor in your area which is listed under the heading of each state in your warranty packet.
4. If there is not an authorized distributor in your area and you cannot obtain proper service under the terms of the warranty, please call or write to EVCON Customer Service 3110 N. Mead, Wichita, Kansas 67219 (316) 832-6387.
Customer must register the information provided with the furnace at www.trane.com within the first 60 days of being in the home. Extended warranties can be purchased through your authorized service center. Refer to www.trane.com for authorized service centers.
Problems should be directed to (800) 432-8373, with complete model and serial numbers. Rheem Manufacturing Company Warranty Parts 2600 Gunter Park Drive East, Montgomery, AL 36109.
Have the customer call (888) 507-9312 (dedicated contact desk) with the appliance model and serial numbers, description of the problem and/or parts required. Kenmore will deal only with the home owner, not builder or manufacturer.
Any problems with floor coverings are to be turned into Rochester Homes with photographs. Rochester Homes will then file a claim form with the carpet manufacturer.
Refer to manufacturer’s warranty information or call our window supplier, Leatherman Supply at (574) 533-0597. You must have your contact information and the home’s serial number.
Any problem should be turned into Rochester Homes, Inc. with size, color, which bath, location of defect, etc. Rochester Homes will then contact the manufacturer for warranty work per the attached form.
The plumbing system in your new home is a combined effort between the factory and your dealer. When the dealer activates any new plumbing system all lines, fittings, and fixtures should be checked. Keep a close eye on your new homes plumbing and in the event of a leak, cut off the supply to any area that leaks, and immediately report problems to your dealer.
For the first 12 months you live in your new home, contact your dealer for faucet warranty. They will contact Rochester Homes to process the claim.
Kohler offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of a new home, this does not include labor. For a warranty claim contact Kohler Co. Attn: Customer Service Department 444 Highland Drive, Kohler, WI 53044 or contact your contractor/manufacturer to process the warranty claim. Include a complete description of the problem, product, model number, color, finish and the date you purchased your home. This information is in your warranty information supplied to your dealer at the time of delivery of your home. For questions call Kohler at (800) 4-KOHLER.
Delta offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of a new home, this does not include labor. For a warranty claim contact Delta faucet company product service 55 E. 111th St. Indianapolis, IN 46280. You will need your faucet model number which is in your warranty information supplied to your dealer at the time of delivery of your home.
For the first 12 months you live in your new home, contact your dealer for shingle warranty. Installation or initial shingle defects are easily identified and should be addressed by the set crew or the dealer you purchased your home through. Shingles carry their own warranty which is supplied to your dealer at the time of delivery of your home. It will be necessary for you to follow their procedures to obtain warranty.
For the first 12 months you live in your home, contact your dealer for siding warranty. Installation or initial siding defects are easily identified and should be addressed by your dealer.
Re-squaring and/or adjusting of exterior doors are common and is the responsibility of the builder, unless it is damaged in some way. If this is the case, it is to be turned into Rochester Homes with specific defect problem and all general information. Rochester Homes will then contact the manufacturer if necessary.
Interior paint is available at any local Sherwin Williams store. Always paint the wall being touched up from corner to corner for exact match. Spot touch up can leave shading spots or streaks. As of 5/31/2011- Sherwin Williams builder craft interior latex primer finish white B30 WF6000. (Our painted surfaces are not intended to be a finished surface.)
All fireplace flu pipes are completed on site by someone other than the factory and should be inspected prior to use. In the event of a problem with your fireplace, contact your dealer immediately and do not use until the issue(s) have been addressed.
Your electrical system is 85% completed in the factory. Your dealer’s electrical contractor will supply electricity to your panel box. Report any electrical issues to your dealer.